Monday, July 13, 2009

Blessing




Children are a blessing, aren't they? I am loving my life with our sweet little Sienna and am really trying to do as everyone and their dog advises to "enjoy every second cuz they just grow up suh fast!" (if I had a penny for everytime I heard that...).

We started her life off right with a beautiful blessing given to her by her father a few Sundays ago. In it he said some things that still bring tears to my eyes. He blessed her with some gifts of the Spirit, he blessed her to have a testimony of Christ written on her heart and mind at a young age, he blessed her to use her spritual gifts and knowledge to bring others to Christ, and - my personal favorite - he blessed her that she'd remember her special memories of childhood.

Afterward, I had our friend Tara do a little photo shoot of the darling little morsel in her blessing dress. Is she not such a pioneer in that bonnet? Killing me with cuteness, that child. My sister Heather and I wore that same dress and bonnet when we were blessed as infants, and Heather's daughter Haven also wore it.

You've GOT to check out some of the other photos of Sienna from the shoot in all their glory at Tara's photography website.

8 comments:

The Monsen's said...

she is so beautiful and i love that dress. if I had a penny everytime I heard that same saying I would be so rich.

Aves said...

Wow, such fab pictures of her, what a little precious muffin! I darn near cried reading your post! Maybe one day I will have a baby of my own.

Shanna said...

Oh she is so cute I almost kissed the computer screen! And speaking of cute, your dress is adorable! Where did you get it you hot little mama! And I know you don't want to hear it again, but it's so true how they grow up tooo fast! Zayne just turned two and I was looking at all his baby pics the other day and actually got tears in my eyes. lol Amazing how time flys once you have a child. :)

M-Ware said...

Zayne turned TWO? That is just not possible. I got the dress at Downeast Outfitters. Rather, my mum got it for me. She's always scoping out cute, modest stuff and toting it with her when she comes. Woot!

Christine said...

What a beautiful baby. I enjoyed reading about her special blessing day. Such sweet pictures that you will always treasure.

Super B said...

Awwww. So sweet. You look adorable and Sienna? Shut up. Too cute.
I also love the blessing dress tradition. Awesome.

Candace Heyman said...

nothing short of adorable. i love the bonnet and i love the blessing.

Lauren Andersen said...

wow! she is so beautiful! you are the most beautiful family. love you all LOTS and LOTS!! xoxo