Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Chew on This


{Me about to enjoy my Morning Dog}

I wanted to sit down the second I got home from Oregon to blog about every single detail - our trip was THAT good - but real life has proceeded to cave in all around us and eradicate any free time we once had. Adam's staying late to work this week, I'm starting a new art class tonight (Book Arts - I have no idea what that even means, I just joined with a friend to get a discount), we have church callings calling our names, laundry a mile high (all of which smells like camp fire and fish guts), I have a freelance writing project which I totally forgot about and have to start ASAP, and our secretary at work up and vanished, so surprise! Guess who gets to fill in?

Anyway, it's kind of comforting to get back to a life where you feel needed ... or at least a life where you feel busy and thus feel important. But I hope these next few blog posts will help us all forget about jobs and traffic jams and routine, taking us to another time ... a time called last week ... a time when we were living in a beautiful world called: vacation.

Above is our first series of pictures. I have to run so this is all you get for now. But it really sums up the whole experience for me. Cold, bed head, no makeup, a bit cranky. But SURE enjoying my my Morning Dog. Let's just say this trip made me appreciate the simple, WARMER things in life.

4 comments:

Super B said...

looks pretty dang delicious!

Aves said...

I. Love. You. Joeli and I were looking at your blog laughing. You are the pink in our starbursts...and seriously, I wish I were more like you. You are one bright star of life. I miss your face, and am glad you had a good vacation... even if it was cold and smokey :) MISS YOU.

Heather E. said...

Nothing like a morning dog. No wait, there is. Like, cold cereal? Come on! That's disgusting. Morning Dog. Pshaw. Oh and I'm babysitting this afternoon, so try and call, and if the three children aren't whining too much, I'll answer. (That's what happened yesterday.)

Marilee Leishman said...

I Love getting on your blog and the first thing I see is your best face chowin' on the dog! Love it.