Saturday, February 23, 2008

For the Love of Baking

Not to be an advocate of full-fat living, but I've been in a baking bonanza since Valentine's Day and I don't know when I'm going to come out of it. Pre-Valentine's Day I made BHG's almost red velvet cupcakes (I ran out of food coloring) for my neighbors and co-workers plus chocolate suicide cake for Adam and me. A few days earlier (which is really what must've set this whole thing off), after encouragement from Fig, I made PW's French breakfast puffs - for dinner. Over the weekend, Adam made his mom's chocolate chip cookies for no good reason, I made another chocolate cake plus vanilla buttercream frosting for a dinner party, and after a battle with myself today, I gave in and made The Cookie Bible's double chocolate oat cookies. I don't know what to conclude about this, but I'm just going to go ahead and recommend all of them. Especially the chocolate suicide cake. Kill me now.

2 comments:

Super B said...

that all sounds AWESOME!! could you send some of that baked goodness to me? I was somewhat restricted during the pregnancy and now I am on a sugar binge...and chocolate stuff sounds good too!!

Heather E. said...

Baking isn't bad. Also, are those the giraffe tablespoon sets you were talking about? I'm so glad you display them. Baking isn't bad.