Monday, December 17, 2007

Feeling Festive

It's finally feeling like holiday central. Friday night was finish all Christmas shopping once and for all. (I was super proud of myself until I realized Christmas is next week and I had come nowhere near close to my goal of finishing before Dec. 1.)

Saturday night was my company holiday party at this nice little patio bistro. It was so fun to meet all the significant others and pity dates. I saw a new side of everyone which was so refreshing. I wore my new berry-bunch earrings with a mulberry top and brown skirt. (Also the same night as the ward Christmas party where Adam would have had to play Santa Clause. Ho, ho, ho!)

Sunday was finish wrapping all Christmas presents and shove them in the corner under our lamp, which acts as this year's Christmas tree. (I have no qualms about having zero decorations in my house. That will come in due time. Besides, it's never really Christmas in California. No snow = no Christmas.) Sunday night was also dinner at a friend's and gingerbread party at our house!

(Here's Adam opening Aunt Karen's generous gift the other day. Thanks Aunt Karen, aka Devoted Warehouse Blog Reader)Here's our gingerbread house. Adam built the foundation. I topped it with a fish sky roof and made a pathway paved with chocolate. We call this "Born Again Christian House."
Proud owners of "Born Again Christian House." Will you take a look at the Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired graham cracker fountain on the left? Zoom in close if you have to. It is worth a look. Also featuring a backyard of pop rocks.The Heinrichs come to us with extensive experience in gingerbread house making. Ariana made a purple pool out of laffy taffy and a tree from licorice. Christian's house is mostly just see-through. But the fact that it is still standing means everything.




The Neves made "Dream Trailer." We made up a song about it and sang it. It's to the tune of "My Buddy." Sing along if you want: "Dream Trailer, Dream Trailer. Wherever I go...Yoooou go. Dream Trailer, Dream Trailer...where the real estate....depreciates. Dream Trailer, Dream Trailer. Dream Trailer and me! DREAM TRAILER!!!" Such an awesome song.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Next time, pictures from a place where real Christmas happens - aka LOTS of snow!

3 comments:

Miriam said...

I miss you Marthy. We haven't chatted for too long. That's it, I'm calling....

Anonymous said...

Nice gingerbread houses! Hope you had a great Christmas in Utahr.

Anonymous said...

Ooops . . . glad you had a good Christmas in Coloradr.