Sunday, October 07, 2007

Spiritual Marathon


I always feel a little exhausted after the spiritual marathon that is General Conference. But it's always a good tired. And my favorite talk was from Joseph B. Wirthlin on Saturday afternoon (that was the best session, too). Elder Wirthlin's talk was on charity and the best part was when he started shaking (I suppose it was Parkinson's flaring up) and Elder Nelson stood up and held his arm and back and steadied him for the rest of his talk. Elder Wirthlin plowed through his talk and was not about to give up, and I loved that Elder Nelson was exemplifying this Christ-like love that Elder Wirthlin was talking about. Very moving.

It's always fun to make Conference a little house party, too. Saturday morning we had the Elders over for a pancake breakfast and Sunday afternoon we had a pita sandwich party between sessions with our friends the Heinrichs and Neves.

2 comments:

Super B said...

Believe me when I say that I thought the very same thing about Elder Nelson showing what Elder Wirthlin was talking about!! I even mentioned it to my family. If you look at my blog you will see who's talk especially touched me...
and I love all your new posts. Love the mirror and the apron hook. great ideas! great execution!
ps. you were wrong about it being a boy! better luck next time.

Marilee Leishman said...

I loved that talk too, I couldn't help but tear up when he started struggling. What a sweet, strong, man!