Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ruffles







Never thought I'd be putting ruffles on my wall. But then ruffles and I fell in love. Although I can't help but think of little girl ruffle bum panties every time I look at my wall. That's a little distracting. This whole framing fabric thing is still....I don't know. It feels incomplete. I like it because it's simple and cheap and interesting. But I feel like there needs to be a mirror or a picture within the frame. What do you think?
The pictures along the bottom are still a work in process. And that lovely Martha Stewart bowl (deep footed compote) I was so excited about that you see on my table - well, I went to TJ Maxx last night and found two MUCH cooler pedestal bowls and I could get them both for the price of the M. Stewart one. Sometimes I am just hypnotised by the Martha brand. She's so clean and crisp and photobrushed in every picture. We share the same name and sometimes I think I am her. But really, let's face it, a woman who crochets ponchos in prison is not to be trusted.

6 comments:

Heather E. said...

I really love ruffles. I really like your wall too. I feel though that it needs another smaller version of some other fabric framed somewhere in the collage to balance it all out. Or a mirror?

Anonymous said...

Hmm,ruffles in a mirror frame---interesting. The compote is just luscious---so versatile. John and I visited Aunt Alice yesterday and let me tell you, honey!-----you have never seen a decorating scheme like hers! A christmas tree in the corner----with halloween stuff all over it and the whole room done in "Early Mobile-Home Seasonal Antiques and Candy Corn Orange" style. It has to be seen to be believed! (the hair is fine-eree!)

Anonymous said...

Hmm,ruffles in a mirror frame---interesting. The compote is just luscious---so versatile. John and I visited Aunt Alice yesterday and let me tell you, honey!-----you have never seen a decorating scheme like hers! A christmas tree in the corner----with halloween stuff all over it and the whole room done in "Early Mobile-Home Seasonal Antiques and Candy Corn Orange" style. It has to be seen to be believed! (the hair is fine-eree!)

Anonymous said...

Yeah marth,
I like the wall, but the ruffle thing definitely needs a mirror or a picture in it. I think it's unfinished as well.

Giving In Blogger said...

I like the ruffles. Different, adds a conversation piece, and displays something you're in love with. My opinion on decorating is keep it up as long as you like, then if you decide you don't like it anymore, just change it. My house is constantly a work in progress.

jessamyn said...

Personally I love the ruffles, it just needs a few more 'alternative' pieces of art around it to balance it out. It also matches your great skirt in the picture if you and Adam. Man, who took that shot? It's brilliant :) -so Marilyn Monroe meets modesty. Go Marth.